Sunday, April 10, 2011

Final Crash.

I was so very close too.

I wasn't going to miss anyone. The scant occasions where I did something social would be negligible, and the few (but good) friends I made here would fade without complaint. Sadly, my invisibility cloak faded. In these, the final weeks of my freshman year of college, I've had fun.
A small but enjoyable birthday party was thrown for me. People I had never talked to before in my ward greeted me by name. I performed my act on stage (without messing up, much to my delight) and received so many kind compliments. I exhausted myself on giant trampolines. I climbed a rock wall and fell off. Intentionally. Three times. I was invited to another guy's apartment, watched Taledega Nights, and spent the night there. I watched Humor U with my FHE sister and serendipitously met up with my biological one and her boyfriend. I've been eating actual food. My sleeping routine has been shattered. I wasn't supposed to miss anyone, but now I will.

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if this calls for an apology or not...ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to miss you anyways.
    Silly sisterosa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you Calvin and am happy that you will miss them. I know it sounds wierd - but some of my favorite folks I met in college. Having the memories and feeling the happiness in my heart when I think about the fun times. Wishing them well over the years and even the fact that I still miss them - makes life worth living!!

    ReplyDelete