Sunday, February 10, 2013

Undone

In the Circle of Life song from The Lion King, one of the lines is, "There's more to see than can ever be seen. More to do than can ever be done."
It was kinda scary to hear that as a kid.  I will never run out of things I'm supposed to do.  No matter the effort, the infinite mound of tasks on sticky notes can never be reduced.
Solution? Forget about it and enjoy the movie.

I have a rather active imagination, and I've often found that reality never mirrors what happens in my head. Reading it again, I have a different perspective of that line. Instead of fear of the never-ending list, it sounds more like disappointment for the things that will never be.  All the relationships unexplored. Adventures not had.  Peaceful moments not felt. Words unwritten, books unread. There are so very many things that could bring happiness and joy, and yet they go undone.
That's when "if" comes in to play.
If I had... maybe I would be...
happier
better
stronger
fuller
more
enough

Solution? Forget about it and enjoy the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment